• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Dual Headlights?

Adouma

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm a total newbie to this, just picked up a '79 750K, and it didn't come with the headlight. That being said I was looking into the possibility of trying a dual headlight as I like the look, however I can't seem to find any online that say they work with this year and model.

Has anyone here done it/Do you have any pictures? If you have, was it a pain? It looks like the bracket may need some sort of adapter, I'm not too worried about the wiring, mostly whether it will fit or not.

Any input is appreciated!:thumbsup:

You WON'T find anything like that, you are on your own there pretty much. All of the setups are pretty much one-off unless like big Harley or other big open roadbike. Look at custom chopper stuff.

The mechanical install there will be as hard as you make it, you need to worry more about the electrical effect there of what you are doing, those bikes aren't well known for having lots of extra overhead that can be exploited for lighting. A 260 watt alternator there only. You can do one as low beam and one as high with no trouble, going for both and both is asking for it. The stock single OEM bulb there is a 55/60 watt.

I've not seen one on anything but a custom chopper either. The new bikes I've seen with dual headlamps are usually setup like AMC suggests, one is a low, one is a high, only one is on at a time. I've also seen setups that allow switching between 2 dual beam bulbs with one clear and the other yellow for fog.

Myself, I swear by the Cibie. It's a European bulb that provides a much superior beam of light due to higher quality glass and a pattern that lets you set the beam higher without shining it into oncoming traffic.

You can find them on amazon or ebay or from Demon Tweeks in the UK.
(they do ship worldwide. The bulb comes in left hand or right hand, order the correct one for your location)

Back