• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1981 honda cb750 custom

coty0912

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Im new to the bike world but Ive been wanting a bike for as long as I can remember and I finally picked one up the other day. I was told I got a steal ($400) and I believe it. Im the second owner. Its an 81 cb750 custom that had been garage kept its entire life other than the 3,500 miles its seen the road. Its in amazing shape. I was told when it was last parked (2014) that it ran fine and had no problems whatsoever. Just had a dead battery. Not gonna lie I don't know hardly anything when it comes to bikes. I know how to ride only from dirtbikes years ago. Anyway it came with a brand new battery still in the box. I had to fill it and charge it myself. Once it was charged I put it in to see if she would turn over. After I drained the old gas of course. When I turn the key on i have no power no lights nothing. So I checked the fuses by the handle bars. They all appear to be good. I checked the main fuse by the battery and there was no fuse but a wire in the fuses place. It was a little gage wire like standard speaker wire. Not having the correct fuse I replaced the wire with a heaver gage wire but still no power. I was told if I had a corroded ground wire or the wire to the starter was corroded that could stop me from getting power. I found the ground on the inside of the frame but couldn't tell if it was corroded. It didnt feel that it was but i couldn't see it so I left that one alone and ran a new ground wire.. Still no power. I don't know how stupid this may sound but I don't have a clue where the starter is.. Any help and or suggestions will be appreciated! I also did try a jump off a non running car with a good battery and still no power. Not sure where to go from here.

Back