• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

My new toy

snake89

CB750 Member
Reaction score
After about 16 years ive got a new to me DOHC. A 1981 CB750K with a few F parts thrown in for good measure. I roadraced a 900 F back in the day and had several 750s. Gonna go more cafe racer with this one. Gotta raise it back up as the last owner was short. Twin disc front and a few more goodies ive got laying around the shop. My CB750K.jpg

Because I LIKE THEM !!! Ive been building Cafes since about 1977 before anybody knew what they were. Im a member of the Memphis Ton Up chapter (im 56 years old) They were the original road racers. Unfortunately there are good and very bad attempts at them these days. Its a K model not a F. If it was a F id be doing a superbike road racer with it. Hope this help you guys with that burning question WHY ??? :)

Braided brake line, 15 weight oil and 25 mm preload spacers in forks, longer rear shocks, counter sprocket cover drilled, black Emgo headlight bracket, bobbed the front fender (cracked in the front) and swingarm spools installed. Lower bars and a twin disc front are next on the list.CB750 mods left.jpg

Man they're cool.

In 1975 I had a Kaw 400-triple with a one off heavily ported engine (by me) and triple expansion chambers and turns wiped and cafe bars grab bar gone and etc., it ran 13.50s 1/4 mile and 110+ mph top end. Kaw triples are the ultimate cafe machine and burnout bike. I copied a bigger H2750 Mach IV Denco CR90 cafe machine that was offered by Kawasaki in SoCal.

http://www.kawasakitriplesworldwide.com/triples/gallery/denco_cr_90/denco cr 90.htm

http://kawasakitriples.myfastforum....e-denco-750-with-tracy-body__o_t__t_2443.html

Did the same to my '80 CB750F around '85 or so.

Like Marcel Proust said, "Leave beautiful women to men of no imagination"..................

Yeah, man, RD350, the original pocket rocket. My best friend had one and we traded out all the time. I wanted a first year '69 H1 500-3 so bad I could taste it, those three pipes sticking out the back, the odd uneven look just sent me to space. Then the hard pop at idle with chambers, primary whine and the piston slap tingle noise............I was in mechanical heaven.

I love the 2 strokes for their simplicity, no need for all that cam, bigger valve, bigger piston bullsh-t to hop them up. The major hopup tool there a high speed grinder and then a set of silenced expansion chambers. That 400 I built was a 7000 rpm motor OEM, when done with the grinder motor ran 10,000 rpm and made power all the way up to that. I got really good at porting 2 strokes and did a bunch of them back then.

Back