• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Tach Lights

Flogger

CB750 Addict
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience changing Tach and/or Speedo lights? Tach light is inop, presume it's the light... I wondered if I replaced one, if I should do both to make sure they match...

If you do one gauge in LED I'd do everything. Not only to be sure they matched but mainly because I wouldn't want to be taking that stuff apart again for the price of a few bulbs.

I've already switched my blinkers and tail lamp to LED simply because they are practically immune to vibration.

Hell, with LED you could go green or cool blue! ;)

https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...-4-led-ba9s-retrofit-car-classic-car-bulbs/6/

Capture.JPG

Like said, LED and incandescent do NOT match light for light. It's just two different lights there even if same lumens. LED is much whiter light. Think blue-white to yellow incandescent. Better anyway since LED draws so much less power, motorcycle alts always having a problem with too little of that. You can save enough to put in a brighter headlight and the system then tolerates it.

For an LED change, do I need to swap everything... like the turn signals, brake light, all of them at the same time but the headlight?

Only the blinkers because they require a LED flasher unit too, the rest you can do one at a time if you want.

I only see 81 and newer on your list there, so you have separate blinker indicators yes? Bikes that have only one indicator need a small wiring mod but those listed won't.

Superbright LEDS also sells a killer tail light bulb. It flashes 3 times then goes solid when you hit the brake.

They have LED headlamps too now but they have this ribbon that hangs off the back for heat dissipation. I don't think I want a heat sink sitting in the electrical spaghetti behind my headlamp bulb.

Back