• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Will this fit...?

Holshot

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

New member here with a question that I couldn't get a definitive answer to and I'm in a bit of a time crunch so I thought some of the veterans on the forums could help. I'm in the market for a classic CB750 and I prefer the early '70s to the '77+ The only problem is finding one has been difficult within a reasonable driving distance.

Now, '77+ models seem to come up regularly and there happens to be one that just popped up within an hours drive to me and it seems like a nice clean example with relatively low miles. My question is will a early '70s tank fit on the '77+ frame? I really love the look of the early '70s tank and I see early tanks on eBay often and I have a neighbor who claims he has one hidden in his garage buried under 30 years of junk.

If anyone here can confirm the frame is the same or if the early tanks will work on the later model bikes, I would be great appreciative for the help!

Thanks,
Joe

I'm pretty sure you can fit anything from 69-78 but, you can't fit K's on F's and vice versa because that also requires changing the seat and the seat mounts don't line up. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will add in details.

You'll need the right rear rubber mount though.

Capture.JPG

PS The 77/78 are the ones with the locking flap covering the gas cap.

I know this is a old post but I have a question, Ive got a 1970 cb750k I picked up last week and I found the top triple tree is cracked in 2 places where it clamps on the tubes. Can you tell me what years top triple tree will work on my tubes and my lower triple tree. Dave you seem to be knowledgeable on these bikes. thanks for any help.

Hi Mark,

As you can tell I only pop onto these forums occasionally. I wouldn't consider myself "knowledgeable" on these bikes, I've only owned a few. I just have good mechanical aptitude along with many years of applying it, and a gift for finding information on the internet.

If you haven't already, I suggest starting a new post with your question, there are some regulars on here that know quite a lot about all things Honda.

Back