• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Slow directional flashers

Artie

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Have 1034 bulbs in front 1073s in rear,battery is new charging system working fine,at speed ,at idle,at key on only flasher rate always the same ,very slow not really useful,buzzer hooked up also,or not connected no matter
At flasher unit no power to either wire with flash going on can even unplug flasher unit and still blinks at same slow rate what am I missing still slow blinking even with no flasher???
1976 K model everything else works just as new

Something wrong, flasher removed should most definitely not still flash even slow. I've forgotten my bulbs, if the one that has two filaments for running and flash, you may have wired wrong ones in. 2 bulbs come on low power for running up front and 4 flash at same high bright for turns. Front bulbs have two contacts on base and rear one.

Have 1034 bulbs in front 1073s in rear,battery is new charging system working fine,at speed ,at idle,at key on only flasher rate always the same ,very slow not really useful,buzzer hooked up also,or not connected no matter
At flasher unit no power to either wire with flash going on can even unplug flasher unit and still blinks at same slow rate what am I missing still slow blinking even with no flasher???
1976 K model everything else works just as new

I'm embarrassed to say that I had mistaken the neutral relay below battery box as flasher relay,
Found flasher at location behind seat lock,changed it from 142 to 552 working perfectly
DUH...... sometimes I really feel feeble minded
Thanks for the help
Made no sense ..no juice to what I thought was flasher but still flashed,thought about it all nite. And at 6am went to shop and found the real flasher

Hey!, a brain that STILL WORKS, how about that! Don't see that every day, count yourself in the definite minority and shrinking fast................and enough cajones to admit a mistake on top of it too! Man, your type is getting so scarce...........you are a breath of fresh air in a world of 7 billion lemmings.

The 1034 and 1073 are newer replacements for the 1157 and 1156 respectively.

They are 15% lower wattage and amperage @ 300% the cost.

Oddly, while the secondary filament of the 1034 and primary filament of the 1073 (the blinkers) last about 40% longer, the primary filament of the 1034 (front running lamps) lasts about 80% less then the same does in the 1157.

But with lower watts and higher amp draw make them blink a little quicker?
Blink rate still a little slow I like to really display my moves to the cagers so no confusion as to my making a turn

On your reply of 6-10-16 you said " changed it from 142 to 552 now working perfectly". I'm kinda new to the 750's so please explain how this fixed the slow blinker? I have a cb750A that also has a blinker that's as slow as Moses. Whats a 142 or a 552 for that matter? thanks.

On your reply of 6-10-16 you said " changed it from 142 to 552 now working perfectly". I'm kinda new to the 750's so please explain how this fixed the slow blinker? I have a cb750A that also has a blinker that's as slow as Moses. Whats a 142 or a 552 for that matter? thanks.

552 is the model # of the flasher readily available at any auto parts store

Thanks for the info. This sounds like a nice "cheap" substitute for the ancient Honda part. Is this one of those flashers that will work with a variable load on the circuit. Kinda like the ones used when you hook up a trailers lights?

Back