• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

CB900C rotor on CB750K?

Czargar

CB750 Member
Reaction score
My rotor is shot, only showing 1 ohm for resistance. I have a buddy who has a CB900C parts bike with a rotor showing 4.6 ohms so I figured it might work as long as it puts out the same and won't fry my rectifier/regulator. Anyone know if they are interchangeable and if so, will it fry anything? Thanks men

All first gen DOHC rotors are interchangeable. The 1100 ones are narrower on the backside for less flywheel mass but fit and work fine too.

Be aware that sometimes ones that check as good aren't, the windings can move under centrifugal force to short at speed and then be good at lower rpm. Rare but happens.

Use a rear axle to pull it, the best tool there is. Part has no key and torqued on at 75 ft.lbs. people often destroy them removing them.

Thanks very much. Hoping that it works good, better to get a free one than to spend $90 on a new one. At least for the time being.

Back