• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

CB750C 1981 rear options

GhengisTron

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I've scoured multiple forums, searched for hours now for any info regarding rear wheel options for the DOHC custom. Is this the worst bike to start a project with or what? Seems like a lot more parts and info offered for the pre '79 bikes.

Anyways please be kind and if you could point me in the direction of this conversation already taking place that'd be great. I'd like to replace the 16" Comstar on the back, I would like something taller to get away from that 'cruiser' look. I don't really want to end up with a modern swing arm because of the mono shock. It seems as though a wider rim is avaiable for the SOHC years but as I under stand it the SOHC swingarm is shorter significantly. Is it shorter and wider thereby able to accomadate a wheel that's both wider and taller with some tweaking? I am putting a gixxer front end on but planned on keeping the rear fairly stock(gas shocks notwithstanding).

Just looking for options to lose the wheel, get something taller, wider, spoke-ier. I would have been happy just lurking and not exposing my ignorance but this lack of information has left me no option.

I've looked on dimecity, cognitomoto, motosynthesis, eBay, carpy. Any places you can recommend?

Thanks

Back