• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Looking for Advice on Removing Alternator (1991)

white water rafter

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I'm new and am hoping for the right info. The starter just spins. I removed it, found the chain tensioner but no chain. I think it broke and fell out of sight. I tried to remove the alternator for a better look, but the stator and housing will only come out 5mm. The rotor won't come out either.

If anyone has any info on how to remove the alternator, I would greatly appreciate it. I've heard it is a pain on this year and newer.

Thank you,

WWR

http://www.manualslib.com/download/804798/Honda-Nighthawk-Cb-750-1991.html

Gotta have a puller for rotor which is in two parts.

What chain? The starter is gear-to-gear there. Starter simply spinning free is gear reduction inside it-torn up planetaries or the starter clutch itself messed up. Usually starter clutch itself, and can be as simple as a change to incorrect oil like that used by car with friction modifiers in it to replace the removed zinc. It can make the starter clutch slip. Change the oil to motorcycle type with more zinc in it and one way clutch may start working right again if you did that. Section 15 the manual, the clutch picced at 15-8.

Last edited:
Back