• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

72 Honda CB750 Project

Patterson0922

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I'm new to the forum, just got my first CB750 off a friend before he sold it and it needs a lot of TLC. I've done engine rebuilds on cars like my Volvo S60 and have wanted to get into motorcycles, so I figured this is my chance. Anyways I got this 72 CB750 off my friend who got it from a storage unit auction. I don't know how long it's been sitting there, I would guess about 10 years, and it doesn't run but it kicks. I don't know where to start with this bike, but it looks like the carbs are a little gummed up so I'll probably start there. Does anyone have any tips or advice to help me through this project? I don't know much about working on motorcycles so anything and everything is appreciated.

First things first, I would suggest seaching the forum, what you ask has come up often and has been discussed many times and you should find answers to most of what you are looking for, as well as make you think of some things you have never thought to think of.:wink2: Get a oem type shop manual, oem is best and most reliable. Do the complete maintenance checklist and make sure the engine is in solid mechanical shape before you go too far. Guaranteed you will need to do a good carb clean after sitting that long. If you need specifics dont be afraid to ask.

Back