• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Wanted - 750 DOHC or compatible motor in MI

Rich Ard

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Picked up a titled frame and boxes and boxes of parts; looking for an engine to drop in. Will happily consider complete intact motor that needs to be rebuilt.

Thanks for looking!

dont bother with a tired engine. theres lots of thos DOHCs around. For the price of gaskets, seals, without any new iron at all, your going to have more into it then you can buy an engine for.

Rich Ard, are you looking for stock motor or are you looking to do performance upgrades in your rebuild. If you buy a used motor yes it may be cheaper but you still dont know what you are getting. If you rebuild a motor yourself then you know what you have. There are performance parts out there for the dohc motor if you are looking at something other than stock. If you are just looking for something to stick in and run then you may very well be better looking for a good used running motor but I would ask a lot of questions about it before dropping cash on a motor.

dont bother with a tired engine. theres lots of thos DOHCs around. For the price of gaskets, seals, without any new iron at all, your going to have more into it then you can buy an engine for.

True enough - I would much rather find a decent runner.

Rich Ard, are you looking for stock motor or are you looking to do performance upgrades in your rebuild.

At this point I don't plan to do any serious upgrades - I may put a different front end on the bike or replace the carburetors, but only if something should happen to fall into my lap. Right now I'm just getting the roller looking nice and waiting for a good deal to show up on the motor. There is a guy close by who has a CB900 dirt cheap, but running (no title, natch) that I might go look at after I've looked a bit more at what it would take to convert the shaft to chain-drive.

Would I buy just a motor from Craigslist? Not bloody likely. But from a forum? I've gotten better results. :)

Thanks for looking!

Ive got a 79 dohc engine. The guy i got it from said that it has a new cyclex bottom end and that it was jumping time in him. Ill let it go. Cheap if your interested.

got a 80 DOHC sitting under my bench that needs to go in somthing. complete rebuild by Lee's Performance here in N.C. I know it cost my buddy $ 900 to get it done, I would take $400 for it, I use SOHC's on my bikes. Give me a call 704 990 5850. thanks, Robbie

Back