• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Yamaha Help please

Dave

CB750 Junkie
Reaction score
Hey guys,

My friend has a Yamaha Virago, 750 I think (going on bad memory here), and the rear monoshock has no dampening at all. (bouncy bouncy)

I was surfing around looking for price info on the shock and in images I see a remote damping adjuster and what looks like a capped valve.

So my real question is, can something break in this remote part and cause the shock to act like this?

I was going to give a general reply about remote reservoir shocks, but then after looking at a picture of the virago shock, I have no idea how that one works. That looks like a unique shock. I'd be interested in hearing what you figure out.

The remote is simply an extended hose to add preload air and a hand knob to push/pull cables like throttle ones that turn the center shaft to adjust rebound. Other than that a normal shock. Bouncy bouncy says no damping oil in it or a blown piston seal.

The remote is simply an extended hose to add preload air and a hand knob to push/pull cables like throttle ones that turn the center shaft to adjust rebound. Other than that a normal shock. Bouncy bouncy says no damping oil in it or a blown piston seal.

Thanks, You confirm what I was afraid of.

Back