• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Missing Front Caliper Shafts - CB750K

vtfreerider

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone from the Lovely state of VT!
Back in January on a very cold and frosty day, I bought a 1980 CB750K. Previous owner had died, yada yada. Now that I'm working on getting it running and reassembling it, I've found that the front caliper shafts are missing (part# 45131-425-023). Great. There aren't any boneyards up here that I'm aware of and this shafts (which hold the caliper assembly together) are hard to come by and expensive ($50/bolt). I feel like I have three options and would like you opinion on the best:

1) Shell out the $$$ for two bolts on an otherwise perfectly good caliper
2) Ditch perfectly good caliper and buy a more perfectly new caliper
3) Replace the caliper with a non-OEM caliper (any ideas on which one?)

If you can recommend a serviceable replacement for these caliper shafts, that'd be swell, too.

Thanks in Advance!

~Phil

I'm seeing 3 different shafts. Can you use part# 45132-425-003 instead? They are easy to come buy and much cheaper.

I sure wouldn't put out $100 for 2 bolts when you can replace the entire caliper just a bit more.

Your term 'shafts' there is vague. You need to decide if the parts missing are the caliper-to-caliper bracket bolts, or the actual caliper slider pins themselves, which index in the brake pads and the caliper slides sideways in use on them. Two different parts an inch or two away from each other. Looks like there was a running change in the bracket bolts, some had a pair of same part and others had two slightly different bolts with different part #s.

Your term 'shafts' there is vague. You need to decide if the parts missing are the caliper-to-caliper bracket bolts, or the actual caliper slider pins themselves, which index in the brake pads and the caliper slides sideways in use on them. Two different parts an inch or two away from each other. Looks like there was a running change in the bracket bolts, some had a pair of same part and others had two slightly different bolts with different part #s.

According to the part description, it is the caliper shaft. They are the caliper-to-caliper bracket bolts. I will take a picture and post later this afternoon to provide some clarity.

Here's a picture of the missing bolts/shafts.....should have clipped this in before. Thanks AMC49 for your help! When I get back to the garage, I'll post a pic of my lovely as well. First foray into motorcycle mechanics, but I signed up with a smile :D

IMAG4236.jpg

Back