• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

VIN number ID

Wayfastwil

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hi can anyone tell me where the "secret" VIN number (s) are located on a 1978 Honda SS750? Thanks, Will

What's secret about them? Frame has a number and engine as well.

I have a chance to buy another 1978 SS750 but the VIN tag has some damage not bad but I don't need any problems I know cars have the VIN in 4 places and wondering if the 78 SS has VIN numbers in other places than on the tag on the neck?

I have a chance to buy another 1978 SS750 but the VIN tag has some damage not bad but I don't need any problems I know cars have the VIN in 4 places and wondering if the 78 SS has VIN numbers in other places than on the tag on the neck?

Yes. On the side of the neck, opposite from the vin plate, the vin number is stamped into the neck itself.

Secret! Reminds me of my old Camaros. Employees on the assembly line used hide a build sheet in the car some times. I found one on top of the gas tank on my '80 and one under one of the back seat bottoms on my '70.

Back