• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Front Fender repair

bruferrit

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I have a 1991 Nighthawk 750 and the front fender has a cracked next to one of the forks. What is the best way to repair the crack?

If the crack runs close to the stressed bolt-on area then give up. Unless I miss my guess most of those parts are polypropylene or soft abs and not gluable unless you buy the 3M specialty glue at like $80/tube. Oily base plastics absolutely suck to repair under most circumstances, nothing sticks firmly to the plastic because it constantly lets off VOCs out of it. I've pulled it off a time or two if the cross section is thick or well-supported but never like on a fender.

Pics rule in things like this, can determine yes or no. Depends on how big and vicious the crack is. Like saying my car is broke, what's wrong with it?

IMG_2217.jpg
Here is a pic of the crack next to the shock.

sorry for the delay.

Thanks amc49.

Not a good place. You'd have to buildup underneath fender to strengthen enough to withstand the stress. Not saying impossible, but one of the ones that will make you work more.

Back