• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

AARRGGHH

Steve P

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Venting some frustration here guys. I've finished rebuilding my CB750KZ - started last week and it ran a treat. Started it again yesterday and heard a fairly loud crack and then nothing.
Took the cam cover off and saw that the sprockets on the cam where leaning slightly, then noticed one of the two bolts holding the exhaust sprocket on had gone so assume its sheared off as I'm sure I put a dob of threadlock on it when I fitted it (at least I hope I did) - and the camchain has indeed snapped.
So, its an engine out job again - so frustrating! Just hope theres not more damage lurking deep inside. Not looking for answers, just a sympathetic shoulder to cry on. All the best!

Don't be surprised if you bent a lot of valves.............ALWAYS loctite those bolts there, not much thread holding them on. The sprocket holes and bolts must be bone dry for the cure to lock part down too.

Good advice amc49, thanks for that. I did notice there wasn't much thread. No doubt the head of the bolt will be lurking somewhere down in the engine, i'll need to find that too when its stripped.

Back