• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

'77 front caliper question

stou

CB750 Member
Reaction score
The front caliper on my '77 CB750k7 as the bleeder bolt broken. I tried to removed with a bolt extractor it but it is like welded in the caliper. I have 2 questions.

1- Someone know the size of the bolt and the thread pitch? In order to rethread the hole in thecaliper.

2- When I bought the bike, the guy give me 2 boxes of used parts and a second engine. I found what it look like a '75 caliper in the boxes. From what I see, it look in good shape and it look like it can be a bolt-on replacement for the damaged one. What do you think?

The '77 caliper on the right and the probably '75 on the left

Attachments

• IMG_2731.jpg
    IMG_2731.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 124
1- You'll need a replacement bleeder valve, tap the hole to fit it.

2- If you have the "complete" caliper and it fits on, sure.

A regular replacement bleeder valve will not work. The bleeder was so stuck that I had to drill the bottom part too. So I have ordered a repair bleeder valve like this:bleeder.jpg

I'll see if it's good enough. If not, I'll used the '75 caliper.

Thanks!

You can actually re-drill for a slightly larger bleed screw that is just big enough to cut good solid threads with tap and then re-drill the lower angle carefully using a new drill bit. The casting material is soft enough that tightening the new bleeder slightly over tight will cut you a new seat that does not leak.

The picced part can work but takes quite a bit of material out.

Back