• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Carb float bowl drain hose replacement

Jdlong27

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone tell me what hose to get for the bowl drains? I don't know which ones will be fuel/heat safe. I've seen one post talking about windshield washer hose and another saying to use clear to check levels easy. Any input appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Vb42a - 1980 cb750c

The clear gets hard as rock like lightning and besides that they are drains, you can't SEE level using them as the level is pinched off by the drain bolt above them.

Windshield washer hose or vacuum line used on cars, or nothing at all. I personally don't use any.

Thanks!! Appreciate it.

And the level thing wasn't for all the time. Someone posted on some forum (don't recall either) that you can attach clear tubing and turn them up to the tank; support them somehow; turn on Petcock and unscrew the drains; this will let you see the level of fuel that corresponds to each bowl for a quick check of stuck needle valves, improper float height, etc. It's a temporary thing.

Already know about that one. The level change simply caused by the meniscus effect throws all that out the window.

The clear gets hard as rock like lightning and besides that they are drains, you can't SEE level using them as the level is pinched off by the drain bolt above them.

Windshield washer hose or vacuum line used on cars, or nothing at all. I personally don't use any.

... hey amc49, just came across this post

I was wondering the drain lines were ONLY needed for draining purposes, or ALSO as some type of overflow safety feature ...

I too want to get rid of them !

hope all's well my friend ( photo below of work in progress )

-- Luis
tempImageE3d2Ye.png

Back