• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

slip on advice

meezy

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hi all.

I really like my bike. Really DON'T like my turnout exhaust.
The pipes are all fine... don't want to buy new headers - would ideally just love to swap out the turnouts for something like this:

http://4into1.com/mac-universal-chrome-slip-on-kick-up-taper-tip-mufflers-1-5/

but it seems pretty hard to find. any leads or recommendations on something similar. also really don't like megaphones, flares, etc... just looking for something straight and simple.

thanks!
~m

IMG_2949_3502.jpg

If that's the bike picced there why don't you slip fingers up in side the turnout to see where the baffling ends? You may be able to simply cut the turnout portion of pipe off. With some thought and care I've seen that take a grunge system to make it look much better.

Take note that many slip-ons require a single pipe to start with, those MAC won't work as you go from double pipe right into the muffler section. Slip-ons for twin pipe never look as clean............your twinned header is an issue.

Thanks for your reply - i take both of your points.

I would be perfectly happy sawing the ends off these - I've thought of that. the baffles come dangerously close to the curved edge. i fear the consequences.

i'm aware that the ones i linked to won't work for me - but i've seen (and missed the boat on) used ones on ebay that WOULD... just can't seem to find new ones.

Depending on how baffled, you may even be able to cut part of that too. Might need to foster some kid of a clean looking ending to it all.

Wow, those look custom made. I don't see any non welded connections.

Take note that many slip-ons require a single pipe to start with, those MAC won't work as you go from double pipe right into the muffler section. Slip-ons for twin pipe never look as clean............your twinned header is an issue.

I have the same style pipes but mine bolt together and the collector is much closer to the head.

attachment.jpg

Last edited:
Back