• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Wanted - a 70s Honda CB750, CB450, or CB550

Fendersrule be sure to stop by here first once you get the bike and need assistance with getting her running again. Plenty of good information and experience with the 750's on this board. I agree, keep up the good work with the site Travis. By far the most BS free forum out there. I shall keep my opinions to myself as it seems some peoples opinions in other peoples opinions aren't the right opinions!?!?:laughing: I think the last place I looked the cb750 was ranked motorcycle of the century...that makes it #1 in my book. But thats my opinion. Ok now lets get back to working on and riding our bikes, well hope some of you can, its snowing here:(

Hmmmmmmmmm..... LOL

Fendersrule be sure to stop by here first once you get the bike and need assistance with getting her running again. Plenty of good information and experience with the 750's on this board. I agree, keep up the good work with the site Travis. By far the most BS free forum out there. I shall keep my opinions to myself as it seems some peoples opinions in other peoples opinions aren't the right opinions!?!?:laughing: I think the last place I looked the cb750 was ranked motorcycle of the century...that makes it #1 in my book. But thats my opinion. Ok now lets get back to working on and riding our bikes, well hope some of you can, its snowing here:(

I think the last place I looked..... I POSTED BOTH OF THOSE LINKS!! LMAO :cheers:

The Honda Cub was labeled the #1 motorcycle in the world with over 60,000,000 sold. Ducati 916 was #2 due to it's corning ability plus winning 13 of 17 world renowned road races and Honda CB750 #3 because it was a so-called boring ride.

Oh and opinions are great when you add facts. LOL :D

This article was just posted last month so I'm guessing you just found out like the rest of the world. LMAO

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/features/122_1209_motorcycle_of_the_century_1969_honda_cb750/viewall.html

Actually it was mentioned on this site about the article back in July by K2750tracy. Just because a bike sold more than the 750 doesn't make it #1 unless you are just talking about sales numbers in which case that means nothing. The article in motorcyclist was mentioned before you joined this site no I knew before you posted the link above. Yes you did come on wrong and yes you did offend some people. I am glad you love the 750 as much as the rest of us but I am done with your attitude. I hope your bike business does well I really do especially in this economy. This back and forth crap needs to stop on this site. I debated about even responding to your last post but I do post opinions and opinions with facts. And the fact is I am done with this.

Actually it was mentioned on this site about the article back in July by K2750tracy. Just because a bike sold more than the 750 doesn't make it #1 unless you are just talking about sales numbers in which case that means nothing. The article in motorcyclist was mentioned before you joined this site no I knew before you posted the link above. Yes you did come on wrong and yes you did offend some people. I am glad you love the 750 as much as the rest of us but I am done with your attitude. I hope your bike business does well I really do especially in this economy. This back and forth crap needs to stop on this site. I debated about even responding to your last post but I do post opinions and opinions with facts. And the fact is I am done with this.

DONE DEAL! ACTUALLY WE ARE DOING GREAT! AN I CAN'T WAIT TO GET TO THE POLLS FOR VOTING, MOVING "FORWARD" TO A BETTER ECONOMY & SMALL BUSINESSES. We sell parts, motorcycles and offer any service that you can think of when it comes to the Honda 750s 1969-1978. Anything you need we most likely have it and can fix or build it in a timely manner. NO SHADE TREE MECHANICS OVER HERE...... 20+ years and still going. Thanks, for being the alpha males that you are! Would love to actually ride with ya'll and let the bikes do the talking.

I agree I have a small business too and we need change. It cant get much worse! I hope we can all move forward and try to help each other out.

I had a very good shipping experience with haulbikes.com. Fair price, experienced at shipping bikes, and kept me informed all along the way.

I think they are a respectable bike shipping company. They have several haulers up here during Sturgis and seem to ship a large amount of bikes up here. There are several other shippers that make it up here I just cant remember the names right now. Haul bikes seems to have a good reputation though.

I think it was haulbikes that gave me the best quote I've seen so far: $615. I expect to pay around that, and I expect the bike to get here before Thanksgiving. I'll let you guys know about the shipping details later. Right now, I gotta get him paid first!

Thanks for the list of things that I need to check/do. My dad (who owned lots of CBs) is coming down for Thanksgiving, and he's probably gonna get start on some routine things that was mentioned. He also wants to install a crash bar on it. :)

No I think they are to tall and have to much pull back. But it is hard to judge from a picture. Turn signals are not in the stock location either.

Yeah. All easy replacements. uShip just showed me a quote of $500, and I screenshot'd it! $500 is the cheapest I've seen so far!

Last edited:
Yeah. All easy replacements. uShip just showed me a quote of $500, and I screenshot'd it! $500 is the cheapest I've seen so far!

+1 on haulbikes, they picked up a '73 750 I sold last week and were by far the most professional shippers I have ever worked with! Bike was strapped and secured properly, the driver really knew his stuff and his rig was professionally equipped.

+1 @ dirtdigger suggestion to move on, stay positive and keep this site the best on the net! Many others out there that don't keep their members accountable and they quickly turn into flame fests, bickering sessions and lots of drama and BS.

Fenders rule, give me a shout if you are in need of a ultrasonic carb cleaning and I will gladly help you out!

Back