• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Rotor hitting caliper body?

daveherz

CB750 New member
Reaction score
So for some reason my right rotor seems to be rubbing the caliper on the front wheel of my 81 750F... It's making an annoying squeak as well, gonna drive me nuts. I will admit I dropped the wheel a while back because I was going to install some fork boots but decided not to. I didn't check the condition of the pads or whether this problem existed before however, and I hadn't ridden the bike enough to even hear if it was squeaking or not. The caliper on the other side seems to be centered however, So I don't see it as being an issue with the wheel not being mounted correctly. I did notice that the pad on the right caliper that is pushed by the piston seems to be much smaller than all the other pads. Is this something you guys could diagnose from my terrible description? Should I get you guys some pictures? I'm thinking the best place to start is just replacing all the pads, but either way the caliper doesn't seem to sit centered around the rotor.

'So I don't see it as being an issue with the wheel not being mounted correctly.'

Wrong, pads worn lopsided should still not have caliper striking disc, impossible to strike wheel. Wheel not centered in calipers. With possible one sticking on one side.

Back