• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

What sort of clutch mod is this?

Gabby

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
The clutch in my 78 police model does not match any that I can find in any manual. It has seven friction plates and six drive plates. All good so far, but one of the metal plates (third from inner) is made of two riveted together with some other material in between. It is 5mm thick. See photo.

Can anybody tell me what I have here please?

Attachments

• PICT0207.jpg
    PICT0207.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 161
Thanks; that makes sense now and I've found a schematic showing it. I should have realised though - this CB750P7 police model is a real hybrid and is a mix of K7/F2 parts. They have an essentially K7 engine but different carb jetting. Also has F front brakes and some other bits. Now I know it has an F-model clutch as well. Thanks again for your reply.

It's a shock absorber plate. The later DOHCs all have them and they give fits on them with the rivets coming out and running through engine. When loose they add greatly to engine rattle too. On those you can take two regular steels and run them back to back and they are same thickness as the absorber and you then dump it to not use it.

Back