• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Nearing the end of this 81 Cafe build

Easter

CB750 Member
Reaction score
This project started with several boxes of parts and an empty frame. The PO had worked on the frame and had the wheels redone with new tires. The engine was untouched and all the parts were jumbled together in boxes. I have been working about a month sorting and assembling. I cleaned and painted the engine and various parts like the calipers and front forks. Today I got the fork seals so I was finally able to assemble the forks and remount the front end. I couldn't resist putting the tank and seat on just to get a feel for the final product. :yikes:

My plan is to get this running and sell it to fund the much more extensive (and expensive) SOHC project lurking under the carport.

I know pods or open intakes are not recommended for these carbs but these beautiful brass stacks came with the bike and look too good not to try out. Maybe I will get lucky and the bike will run decently with them.:banghead: 20151229_171730_resized.jpg20160411_200131_resized.jpg20160411_200153_resized.jpg

working on similar bike. What seat is that?

That is a seat off ebay intended for the GL1000. Cost was a little under $300 with shipping included. Didn't keep it long or ride it much but it seemed a good seat. I will probably order another one for the GL i am currently working on. The only modification I made to adapt it was two bars about 3 inches long that extend from the seats mounting points underneath to the turn indicator mounting points (if I remember correctly). The seat is slightly long in my opinion when mounted on the CB but still looks good.

Back