• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

New rider on the block. '76 Cafe CB750

wa-chiss

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hey fellas. I'm new to the site and to the CB750. I've been looking for a bike for years now, but I've only been looking for a cb750 for a few months. I found my bike for sale north of Fort Worth for just the right price. It's a 76 CB750F Super Sport with a 72 K engine.

Here she is on the way home
IMG_2052.jpg

A nice side shot of how she sits now.
IMG_2059.jpg

A nice "Doctored" picture
IMG_2055.jpg

I've always liked the style of a cafe racer. Mostly, I like the low handlebars and the different types of seats you could go with or make on your own. I've looked at Cafes and bobbers and even bratstyle CB750s. I must say, this particular bike got me craving a CB750.

honda_cb750.jpg

I'm sure you've seen it around the web. It's on most pages you see when you search for a cafe or bratstyle cb750. What I like the most about it is it's basic transformation. Lowered, new tires, new lights, and a redone seat. I don't include the exhaust as a "mod" cause all he did was chop the pipes (due to rust). That with some good cleaning/reconditioning could turn my bike into that bike.

Anyway, I'm glad to be a part of this forum and I hope (like it's gonna be hard) to learn a lot about my bike.

you take the old seat cover, cut a peice of one inch oak into the shape you want, get some foam the thickness you want, stretch the old cover over it and staple it to the board. that seat looks incredibly uncomfortable. In fact that can be any cb750 with a spray can, a hacksaw, and 2 new tires. Its sort of sad because that probably was a beautiful bike. Seldom do you see such a clean engine and tank set. I dont mind cutting up CB750s but jesus use the beaters, please. You know that Supersport you just got could be restored for the same money you want to invest into customizing it. THats a pretty clean SuperSport. I would love to see it Sulpher Yellow again!

Yeah I hate to see a good original or close to original 750 in good shape get chopped up. I still love the look of a stock cb750, maybe its just me they look kind of classy. There are plenty beaters to use, but most people dont care. I wish I could find a couple of 750 close to me to build but it seems the supply has dried up around here.

See I don't know how to look at mine. If its a beater or not. Its all original but most of it is painted flat black. What would you consider it. Someone mentioned before I bought it the person I bought it from probably painted it flat black because its probably rusted. I took some paint remover to the front fender and it seems ok from the little bit I did remove. Like a 2 in by 2in circle.

You think your supply has dried up? Me and my pal Calvin bought and sold over 250 CB750s from this local area. There just arent any left here.
You have to judge the entire bike. spray paint only hides rust from the unknowing. I would strip that front fender first. that wioll tell you more about the rest of the chrome

Welcome to the forum! I think you have a good start with your F. I also dig that blue K! I see that photo a lot and
still can't get enough. Has anyone ever rode a bike with those Firestones on it? I hear they are a bit sketchy when turning but I dig
them for the look.

Once again welcome to the forum!
B

If I'm not mistaken which i could be but i do believe that to be a dime city cycles bike. I've got a few pics of this bike on my cell phone in color and black and white

Back