• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1995 cb750 F2 carbs leaking :(

fands

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Bought this recently as a low mileage machine have done 8k miles with only 500 in the last 10 years,

Although the bike started and ran very well after re commissioning there was a slight weep from the plastic "t" piece between the pipe from the fuel tap and the carb.

Took the carbs off and replaced the o rings, but when refitted the carbs now leaked very badly as a constant flow from both the vent pipes between carbs 1-2 & 3-4 and the mouths towards the airbox (tested prior re refitting airbox)

The carbs were off the bike for 3 days and inverted and turned to remove the necessary screw etc, s this relevant? I'm assuming the float needle are stuck ?

Appreciate any wise words

Cheers

If they run ethanol laced fuel for emissions in your local area you can learn to expect troubles, the ethanol sticks floats on lots of things that are allowed to sit hardly at all. Transparent if you run the machine every day but not if they sit. I have utter fits with it on my stuff. Either the residual sugar in fuel sticks the needle if there is any evap at all (ethanol fuel evaporates much faster from vented parts than old school straight gas did), or the unbelievably fine red rust from tank rusting from water brought in with the ethanol makes needle not seal. The particles are so fine that many of the 'best' fuel filters let it go right through them. Turning carb bank in various ways may have put some into the wrong place.

Back