• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

What kind of grease to use for my wheel bearings

Craigermags

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before I go and start reinstalling new bearings into the front and rear wheels of my K1, I am trying to educate myself to determine if there is a better bearing grease to use that just the typical NAPA wheel bearing grease.

Your thoughts

High temp disc brake type is a bit better. Really though what you mention works fine. Or marine type heavy waterproof depending on your climate.

Last edited:
Your call. Certainly nothing wrong with that product.

I personally use no motorcycle specific lubes or other when not needed. You automatically pay an extra premium doing so and I have made a fortune in life by circumventing things like that which seem to chisel your hard earned cash away every way they can think of. Simply too many good useable products to be forced to buy a supposedly 'better' one, you'd be amazed at how varied the stream of products is that rolls off the exact same production lines but with prices that range all over the map.

People do things like that because it makes them feel better, I personally only care about money spent doing something to/for the MACHINE rather than stroking my ego. I rail on the car websites all day long about things like that, take additives of any sort for example. I sold them for many years OTC and my thanks to all who think they make a difference, my incentives there were great and I put out the company spiel just like all the rest of the lemmings. Having said that, I use ZERO additives in anything, and haven't in 45+ years of plenty of motorcycles and cars. No need when you know how to fix them blindfolded. Use of additives is generally the mark of the unskilled person and you better believe the companies that manufacture them market them based on that fact.

Absolutely no intent to insult anyone or anything of course, just my personal view. FYI, I have never paid a cent to ever repair any car or bike I've ever had, the viewpoint works very well, at least for me.

New here. On the subject, can someone point me to how to grease the bearings? In the process of putting her back together. Thanks!

Back