• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Should this carb be replaced? Slider groove tab is gone.

rafalc

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Planning a rebuild soon and i know that in one of the carbs, the sleeve tab is gone. I assume someone either did not match the slider groove with the tab or tried to spin the slider while inside the carb and the tab got broken off.

Can this potentially cause a problem? I think highly unlikely as long as I match the groove of the slider to where it should be and tighten everything down?

Should I replace this one carb or is there a way to somehow create a new tab? Maybe a drop of epoxy or something else?

Thanks

What on earth is a 'slider'? A throttle slide? You MUST have a pin there if that and a cable operated slide. Epoxy? What do you think engine will think of that when fuel makes it drop loose to run the chunk through the engine? Not much I'd bet.

Depending on the damage remaining it may be possible to put a pin back in..............

What on earth is a 'slider'? A throttle slide? You MUST have a pin there if that and a cable operated slide. Epoxy? What do you think engine will think of that when fuel makes it drop loose to run the chunk through the engine? Not much I'd bet.

Depending on the damage remaining it may be possible to put a pin back in..............

carb.jpg

thr valve.jpg

Throttle valve (some call it a slider) as shown #21 has a grove. This grove is aligned with a small tab inside the carb body. That little tab is gone....that's what I meant.... The valve goes in and slides freely, I'm just concerned of it potentially rotating since the tab is not there to keep it aligned.

You are right epoxy is not an option here, I'll probably have to get a new carb unless I can somehow "create" a new tab

Back