• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1993 NH Scrambler Build

Chris R

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Original purchased 12-11-15.jpg034.jpg036.jpg037.jpg038.jpg039.jpg040.jpg041.jpg042.jpg043.jpg046.jpg047.jpg
Hey all, just started this build a couple months ago. Any help, thoughts or opinions will be appreciated.

Aren't upside down forks kinda counterintuitive on a bike possibly intended to be off road? Easier to ding up the working section of the tubes.............

With no fork boots? Shows how long it's been since I played around with them........................getting mud slushed up in the fork working travel is not MY idea of long life. But then I wouldn't do half the things done with cars now either.

I went looking, all of the big 3 have fork boots or protectors of some sort, I didn't think they'd do something like that.............

Been riding dirtbikes for 20 yrs, never have had an issue with damaging the fork tubes. Seals yes they do leak, but then so will traditional forks. You change the oil fairly often in dirt bike forks and inspect the seals so maintenance is key. Yes they all use a plastic fork guard. Its all in reducing unsprung weight and rigidity. Last couple of years they are developing and using air forks...no springs inside!

Hey, I'm a child of the '60s and all I saw was the word 'scrambler'.................LOL.

I had a '76 YZ125X that had a high/low pressure air fork on it, the only one pretty much they did it to. People didn't like (understand) them and Yamaha dropped them quick. Bike had like air tanks at top of fork tubes.

Where did you get the tank from to fit this? Also, where are you hiding the electrical/battery? I have the '95 I want to turn into a scrambler. There's so much in that middle triangle though that I don't even know where to start.

One other thing, those front forks look sweet. Where did you get it and what was the cost? I think some matching gold/black rear shocks would definitely make this bike pop more for sure.

Tank is a 1980 xs650. Rear mount fits but had to modify the front mount.
The electrical is where the fun will begin. ugh. I plan on installing an underseat tray. Ill post pics when I get there.
The forks and front wheel are off a 2012 yam R6. About $1100. These are mint.
I plan on going with progressive rear shocks once I get it off the table. I want to see how it sits for length.

015.jpg013.jpg

102.jpg099.jpg100.jpg104.jpg105.jpg106.jpg

Quick update: exhaust is in, working on wiring harness for acewell speedo, installed speed sensor, fabricated pan for rear, new risers and handlebars

Darrell on the 'Walking Dead' would love that bike. Need to put a mount on it for a Stinger missile launcher of course.

Hollywood here we come.............

Awesome work! Very inspiring. I'm slowly assembling parts for a scrambler build on my machine (albeit far more basic) so this is a great reference! Keep the updates coming! Oh, what seat pan are you using?

I used the stock pan. Cut a template from cardboard, layed it on top. and marked it with spray paint. Bought all materials from Hobby Lobby.
The pan locks in nicely but the lines are off. Definitely not perfect but will do until I have a pro do one for me.

Back