• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1993 NH Scrambler Build

034.jpg035.jpg

What tires did you use? I'm thinking about grabbing some and yours look very cool. I am also doing a scrambler with a 92' Nighthawk. Also, I noticed you using the K & N filters, do the run ok? I am looking for a replacement to those crappy Emgo pods and don't want to invest in a dual carb setup. Also, did the K & N's clear that middle frame tube?

Hey bud, sorry for the late response. Havent been on in a while. The tires are continental TKC. The K&N filters work great. Tough to install. I had to remove the carbs, install the 2 filters on the left, reinstall the carb, then install the 2 on the right. They still hit the frame downtube but they are installed. Bike runs and sounds awesome. I just had to install a jet kit.

Definitely worth it. I was looking at the Steel Dragon setup for intake to the carbs. I believe the unit uses one plenum for intake (maybe two) and input?

Hey chris!! did you delete those valve that were on top of the carbs? if so do you mind posting a picture or show me step by step?

Last edited:
Tank is a 1980 xs650. Rear mount fits but had to modify the front mount.
The electrical is where the fun will begin. ugh. I plan on installing an underseat tray. Ill post pics when I get there.
The forks and front wheel are off a 2012 yam R6. About $1100. These are mint.
I plan on going with progressive rear shocks once I get it off the table. I want to see how it sits for length.

View attachment 6568View attachment 6569

Hi I understand this post is some time ago but hoping you can help me. I'm planning on building something very similar and one thing I'd like to know is what petcocks do you use on the xs tank? Are they standard or custom as I've seen some with different pipes etc also do you know if an earlier cb750 DOHC exhaust fits a 92 cb750???? Any help would be appreciated cheers jonny

No, early DOHC exhausts in no way fit the more upright cylinder bank on the later ones. Pretty sure the bore centers will be off too. Of course a good butcher may be able to change that.

Hey there. The petcock was not a fun one. I spent the money and went with a Pingel. It was a pain in the ass to put in but once finished it was perfect.
I had to drill the tank so it would fit. fastened right into the existing bolt holes.

PINGEL-Adapter Plate - Female Thread 3/8” NPT with 46mm (approx. 1-13/16”) bolt pattern
SKU: A1802C

So does this adapter allow you to use the original Honda petcock? I have bought a tank which comes with petcocks! I understand the front mount needs changing. Did you add the c cups to the tank or frame?

xs650 is a yamaha. The Pin015.jpggel was not an adapter but a replacement. I cut the front mounts off and welded a single mount in the middle. The tank wont fit the honda backbone. Ill take some pics tonight if I remember.

Back