• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

80 cb750c caliper mounting bolts

Jdlong27

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 1980 cb750c that the front caliper locked up on the po, so they just removed it from the rotor and ziptied it to the top of the fork. Lol. I have pulled the caliper apart and I am rebuilding it. But, the two mounting bolts that hold it to the fork are missing. Can someone point me in the right direction to replace these. Does anyone know what size/thread these are and if I can buy it locally or if it is a custom sourced part. Thanks!

It says Tokico, single piston, two mounting bolts, has the following on the body : "d6" "B"

More than one brand single piston caliper used there. Also, bolts are caliper to bracket or bracket to fork?, two different parts in close proximity there. Honda parts listings are drying up on these earlier models, many brake parts no longer listed along with sizes. One disc or double disc? They came both ways.

I'm sure it's a confusing mess. Like I said, mines a single piston Tokico. It is a single disc design on the left on a 19" reverse comstar. The forks are smooth holes and the brake caliper is threaded. So, I'm guessing it would be bolt through fork into caliper positioned inside next to wheel. Maybe a washer or two as well? No idea. I may just take the caliper to Home Depot and try bolts, but I don't know anything about bolt strength, material, head type, etc. a search for Tokico D6 didn't turn up anything relevant.

The D6 is worthless, a casting number for arcane use. Need minimum of 8.8 property class bolt and 10.9 better for brakes. The head of aftermarket bolts are marked with that.

Maybe 10 mm. X 32 mm. long, the thread pitch not given but can be 1.00, 1.25 or 1.50. So, looking for 10 X 1.25 say and in the length you need, 32 will be Honda only, most aftermarket bolts come in 5 or 10 mm. lengths. Flanged bolts that use no washer, if you find only hex head with no flange then add a washer to spread out torque.

When installing make sure you check for disc clearance to caliper casting, sometimes they rub and you must respace or shim to work that out. Common on dual discs which you jack with moving axle sideways to get clearance at disc to caliper on them. Just 'throwing them on there' often leads to rubbing and noise or brake doesn't work right.

A well equipped Ace hardware store often has more metric bolt choices than Home Depot does FYI. Mine here does anyway.

Last edited:
Thanks! That's the type info I was looking for. I'll check ACE. If no luck I might can get one off Auction sites that comes with the bolts. Or do an upgrade. Saw some blog about putting vx500 dual Pistons on a cb750f caliper bracket. Appreciate it!

Just to update for anyone else on the future. Mine is a 1980 cb750c custom and it uses a flanged 10x32. Part number is 95801-10032-00

And thanks again for the help amc49

Back