• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

brake pedal return spring???

Snoosky

CB750 New member
Reaction score
81 cb750C Anyone have a picture of where this brake pedal spring attaches to? I'm NOT talking about the brake light spring.. I picked up this machine with about five boxes of parts so I'm trying to figure out where stuff goes but I may be missing something or maybe it was cut off by PO. I intend to weld a small bracket on the swingarm to keep tension on this spring but need an idea of placement for the correct tension. Thanks!!:cheers:

IMG_0548.JPGIMG_0544.JPG

Not sure if they're the same but I just went out and took some pics of mine. It's on an 80 cb750c. It appears the back of the spring clips on a tab adjacent to the rear foot peg and the front goes on the brake rod (my technical term for it) below the brake switch spring. Here's some pics of it. Sorry they're crappy. It's dark out and I'm using my phone. Hope it helps.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7y540ovxp5hs8nu/AABK2L-B6S5oF1qoodyy1Cyva?dl=0

Notice he's attached to the triangle extension off the frame NOT the swingarm which would be totally incorrect. The spring returns the brake pedal and rod, you mount it wherever it does that. A little tighter is better, you should have good return even at the slightest of pushing pedal down.

No problem! Glad it helped.

Thanks for clearing that up amc49. Yes, it is a hooked tab attached (appears welded) to the back of the triangle directly in front of the rear peg mounting bolt. My triangle has some babbling about a stock Honda exhaust system on the front for the time being.

Back