• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

About to pick up a 81 cb750F!

daveherz

CB750 New member
Reaction score
So after selling my 400 hawk a few years ago, I've been bit by the Honda bug once again. Found a cheap 750F on craigslist for 2200 bucks. 22k miles, lots of new parts, good tires, runs fine (apparently).

So just wanted to say hello, my name is Dave, I'll probably be frequenting the site, posting here, asking questions and looking for advice. I was also curious if you guys had any suggestions or things to look for when I go up on Sunday to check this bike out. Any c 00F0F_o9pvgUie0z_600x450.jpgommon issues I should keep an eye out for? He's asking 2200, however I picked up my 80' 400 for MUCH cheaper with similar milage. Below is the description of the bike I'll most likely be picking up...

1981 Honda CB750F
Runs/Rides Ready to go for Spring.
About 22000 Miles.
New steering head bearings, all wheel bearings.
Rebuilt front forks, powder coated. Progressive front springs installed.
Rebuilt front and rear master cylinders and calipers.
Front Calipers powder coated.
New Battery
New left and right handlebar switches.
New clutch & throttle cables.
New clutch (1000 miles)
New seat cover (not in pictures.)
New tires (quality tires)
Original stock exhaust.
Stainless Steel braided front brake lines.
Lower Clip-on handlebars, with bar end mirrors, and cafe racer style gauges.
I repainted it myself, so it is an amateur paint job, but looks good. There are a few defects when you get up close, runs, etc. No peeling or chipping. I did repair a side cover and the repaired crack does show thru the paint.

Clean title in hand, currently registered/insured.

Looking to clear space in the garage for the next project. $2200 OBO

Comes with parts bike- most parts are there. No side covers/seat/carbs and missing miscelaneous parts. Use as spare parts/sell or make rat bike. Has aftermarket 4-1 exhuast but has been repaired. No title for parts bike.

Was thinking of offering 1600 cash, I don't need the parts bike so hopefully he will go for that assuming things go well and the bike is sound.

Anyway, I appreciate any input! Thanks :D

11925666_1656840644605069_689640824_n.jpg

That's my old cb400 by the way... probably going to head back in that direction with this new one. This bike was just bare bones and too much fun. Great cruise to work every day, and never failed me.

Welcome to the Forum. Good looking bike. Make sure the charging system works, take along a compression tester and if the PO will let you make sure its got good compression.

Back