• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Brand new member

Jimbo750

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hi I am a new member like to say Hi to all.
Having just bought a CBX750 DOHC with a view to turn it into a Cafe racer or similar type in the future.

At the moment just getting a clear image of what I would like it to look like before I rip it apart Its a 84 model I have just rode it back home 100 miles engine sounds and goes ok always expecting the worst when getting a new ride I am sure to pick up inspiration from the wealth of knowledge from this site.

Here is my post and some pix... Mostly done and I hope to be riding it this Spring

http://www.cb750.com/threads/3466-Newbie-here-with-just-purchased-81-CB750

It had a good frame and chrome... Seat was awesome still... It was ride able but rough... Rebuilt the front forks and master cylinder, new fluids, new shoes and pads, new chain and sprockets, valve job, carbs cleaned, rebuilt, and sync'... Had valves and carbs done by a pro... New exhausts- Mac 4 into 2 all chrome, new grips, new levers, new clutch cable, new rear brake lights, new rear turn signals, tank dents fixed and repainted tank and both side covers... New starter cover, repainted fuse cover and side and center stands... Probably forgot something... Obviously a tune up, oil and filter change... Oh, new battery too... Will detain it once I have it back...

Yes, I am going for the original factory stock look too...

Last edited:
Back