• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

New Here with by build!

zachnunes

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just signed up here for the same reason as everyone else, I love motorcycles and building. This is actually my first real build. I have taken apart my dirt bike a while back and put it back together, but I still consider myself a newbie for the time. After being blessed with a craigs list find, 1975 cb750. I thought I would just have to fix a couple little things and have a rat rider. But I quickly found out that $120 dollar crags list motorcycle doesn't really come ready to ride. In fact, it was such a heap of trash, I only kept the frame motor and rear wheel. the motor was completely shot and needs a complete tear down, rear wheel needed a full rebuild, and the frame was, well needed to be checked out. the last person tried to make a cafe racer but just as a thrasher. so basically what I thought was going to be my first real motorcycle, turned into a full custom build/money pit....funny how that works out.

When I bought the bike last May and found out what deeded to be done. i saved up some money over the summer and started to tackle the bike in August. the first step was sourcing and getting ahold of a new gas tank, front wheel, and frond end. this was a lot of trial and error. I tried to just stick with the original parts to make the build easier. after that I cleaned up the frame, moving kick stand and hacking up rear frame. at this point my mode for the build was to just going to try and build what I really wanted, a clean and very minimal show bike, slightly exotic and timeless. I don't have funds for the bike so It will end up being a cheaper build.

After getting the substance of the bike done, I had something to work off of. I started with little things like setting up the pegs the way I wanted as well as the ride height. I started to look for some tail sections that i thought would be cool. initially i thought about making my own because I wanted to incorporate the tail light. But I knew that was ALOT of work so opted to try and find a tail section instead.

There is a lot to post about my build and I want to be through by describing everything. I don't usually have a lot of time so I will try to post past progress on my build all the way up to current. All try to post something new two or three times a week, but will be checking in if anybody wants to follow along and has any questions. Thanks for checking my stuff out, id figure you people would truly enjoy and understand my passion.

Attachments

• IMG_2902.jpg
    IMG_2902.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_3304.jpg
    IMG_3304.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 130
  • 12106935_10208177442781547_4644507797094692036_n.jpg
    12106935_10208177442781547_4644507797094692036_n.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_3531.jpg
    IMG_3531.jpg