• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Valve settings

cbsavage

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I checked the valve settings and found most were .002, .003 one .004 and one .005 . What size buckets would I need to get the .005 setting?

What a question, it really has no possible answer.

How about this? You need shims, not buckets that are thinner to get to .005", take the .003, you would need one 2 thinner. Like 2 + 3 = 5, remember 2nd grade?

Buckets all the same, the shim snapped in the top is what changes.

Leave the .004" alone, close enough.

Past that the question is unanswerable since you have to know what shim is there to begin with before you can calculate what you need. That means pulling them to look for the number stamped on them or measuring to see what you've got.

DO NOT turn the engine with shims missing, you'll regret it instantly. Can bend valves super easy doing the work as well. Careful.

All this assumes a DOHC engine.

I checked the valve settings and found most were .002, .003 one .004 and one .005 . What size buckets would I need to get the .005 setting?

if we are talking honda SOHC 750s . there are no shims . you just loosen the lock nuts and turn the screws

No one remembers second grade FFS! :doh: Besides, we have "Common Core" math now. Everything = 5 as there is no wrong answer and everyone gets a trophy!

Hey Coarsgold! Your not far from here. I used to roam those parts when I was younger. I probably mentioned that in another post but ya know what they say ....

Memory is the first thing to go, the second is, um,

yeah common core...dont even get started on that sh*t. My nieces have to learn that and its the stupidest fing thing I have ever seen. Thing they make a common core math calculator...takes 30 seconds for it to give you an answer, is solar powered and then plays a tune with a smiley face on the screen so the user feels special? :rolleyes:

Read the 'Affluent Society' by Galbraith and it all makes sense then. The rich want Americans educated, but only enough to keep them as slaves, any more intelligent and then they become competition for the rich offspring. They want you only smart enough to do basic work and no more.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Affluent_Society

I remember plenty from the second grade and way before that as well.

Back