• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Best Battery For 79 CB750K?

rs_ss350

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys,

What's the best battery a 1979 CB750 K? The one I bought is rated at 12 a/h, but some folks have told me that I should try to get one rated at 14 a/h. Anyone got specific brand and model numbers for a good battery?

Thanks!

Good choice I always had good service life of Yuasa batterys, Got close to 6yr,s use of all of them as long as maintained well. There more money but last longer than the economy ones.

Wasn't able to tell by the listing but on the battery itself it's rated at 12ah, which I understand is below factory specs for this bike. So I was hoping someone could point me to a model number that is 14ah that fits this bike. Most bike part sites I've been searching oddly don't list the amp/hr so I searched Amazon this morning... Found models YB14L-A2 meet the amp req... At least on Amazon they lost the specs

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00I96JZU8/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I,m using a YTX14AhL-BS, Oddly I think it,s rated at 12amps too, But it was listed as a correct replacement for a 72 CB750K Had it for a couple years now no problems, Don,t know what to tell Ya.

Thanks Dan, it's good to know that it still works. I've been having a helluva time with a weak charging system and after replacing every part, I'm starting to eye the new battery amperage. It passes load test, and others have mentioned that it should be fine, just trying to make sure everything is by the book...

Back