• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1980 Cb750k Front Forks

FlyingCB

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hey Guys new here to the forums. let me say the site is great been looking thru it but i cant seem to find what im looking for i just bought a 1980 cb750k runs all right needs some love any how i have a old 81 cb750c in the back and wanted to swap out the forks on the 750k with the ones from the 750c so i can go with dual brake setup is it be a bolt on mod or are the front ends different.

Pretty sure the triple clamps are different, they spread the tubes out another .300" or so when they went to the later twin piston stuff. Axle not same length, etc. May need an earlier shorter axle. The K forks should be 35 mm. and the C being later may be bigger OD, you'd have to check that. Several model fork ODs got bigger in '81.

Thanks i think your right would replacing the triple tree help with the swap say like taking the whole front end from the 750c and dropping it on the 750k

Look at gauge mounting, it may be different depending on what gauges you are planning on using. Turn signals may mount different as well. The '81 wheel will be wider than the '80. Mag as well, planning on using back mag off the C too?

Well i didnt think about that the wheels would be different. i did look at the rims and the size is the same on both. The back on the 81 is bare and didnt plan on taking it off. I was just looking at using the duel disc setup on the front. The gauges look just like the ones on the cb650c and the 750c. The bike looks to have been modified before i got it the gas tank has been replaced with one from a 750c not sure on what year. My first real time to modify any thing on my bikes so sorry guys if i dont sound all here on what i want to do :shrug:

IMAG00226[1].jpg

Back