• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Help required

Jsbarcs

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Evening all. I have just stripped my forks replaced all seals, clips and reassembled. The sta toons are now so stiff that I cannot slide them to the correct depth in the slider to be able to do up the bolt on the bottom of the slider to seal the units and then out the fork oil in. Is this normal or am I missing something? I have applied lube to the outside of thebstantion but even persuading it with a rubber mallet it does not want to move!!!

Any advice?

Thanks in advance

jsbarcs

Everything there should go together relatively easy if you have the correct parts. Seals come in so many sizes now I would strongly suspect them being wrong. You certainly should be using no hammer even rubber. Or put together wrong.

You need spellcheck brother, half your post is unintelligible.

Thanks amc49, I'm pretty happy everything has gone back together correctly, the only possibility is the oil seal being in the wrong way around but I installed with writing on seal facing up towards triple as previous install so suspect this is correct orientation. looks like it's time to tear them down again and check the seal sizes. I assume they are based on ID of slider and OD of stantion

Take the caps off the top. Install the bottom slider first, then put the spring caps on. It takes some force to compress the spring when installing the cap but it's not too bad. :cool:

LOL.....................I never would have thought of that as I simply cannot imagine someone trying to put back together with springs still in legs.

Put together loosely with springs out then install spring to help hold the bottom oil lock piece in place while you tighten the bottom bolt. Helps keep it from spinning to not tighten.

LOL.....................I never would have thought of that as I simply cannot imagine someone trying to put back together with springs still in legs.

Put together loosely with springs out then install spring to help hold the bottom oil lock piece in place while you tighten the bottom bolt. Helps keep it from spinning to not tighten.

Even better advice! :thumbsup:

It was the description that makes me think the caps are in place:

The sta toons are now so stiff that I cannot slide them to the correct depth in the slider.

Sounds like the "sta toon" (stantion/fork?) won't compress far enough to get the bolt started in the bottom...

Back