• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

81 Cb750 Starts with Starting fluid but not fuel?

adafit5

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow Cb owners. I'm having issues. This thing sat for 5+ years before i rescued her in a pasture uncovered with just a rag in the exhaust and tape over the carbs intake. Well I tore her apart and angels sang to me cause no rusted Pistons, rings, crank, bearings were all good. Bought new coils plugs rectifier wire harness and gaskets, Carbs were horrible. I took em apart soaked in pinesol over night cleaned jets with wire clearing any holes of debris airways as good as possible with compressed air and resembled. Let fun begin added fuel. Turned it over and wants to start but nope. Ok I add a dash of starter fluid a vroom fired right up and ran 3 or 4 sec. I heard carbs filling with gas when I added it. I don't have the vacuum operated thingy on top of carbs just straight from tank to carbs with filter. Nothing connected to the T fitting between 2&3 that i think went to vacuum petcock thing or airbox not sure. don't have the airbox on because I haven't found one for it yet, but it should still fire up and idle without airbox correct. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Should start up, sounds like not getting any fuel. T fitting is a simple vent, it stays open.

Be cool with the ether, I've watched as someone blew an engine to smithereens using it before. never let it accumulate like if several times shot in and engine never started to eat what was in there. Two second shots only and if engine does not start then it has other issues than fuel.

Back