• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Engine rebuild

Sschuettenberg

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Good evening all,

Wondering if anyone knows anyone in St Louis that's reliable to rebuild a 82 750 motor. Most shops I've talked to won't touch it..

I've thought about rebuilding it myself but I've never attempted this big of a project. Thoughts on me doing it.. I've torn motors down to replace head gaskets and that's about as far down I've gone.

Getting much harder to find all parts needed to do it now if a thorough job. You can but some may have to come from like England. Timing chain tensioner setups no longer available and some other pieces (piston oversizes, use cruzin' on ebay). The engine is like any other but needs someone who has skills in plain bearing engines as the bearing clearances have to be set up. Lotta work, lotta money. Gotta have a competent machine shop if boring needed and just try to find that nowadays as well. Many say they can but far fewer can do it RIGHT.

I 'm outside houston and looking for a shop to rebuild my 75, i will drive it to dallas if necessary don't like shipping it off to someone i never met. Sent a frame out to be hard tailed and was almost a year getting it back. I trust everone but not out of my sight.

Back