• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Headlight Grommet

Rockhound

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the forum, so please bear with me. I've restored and/or worked on quite a few motorcycles, but am new to the Honda Four. I've ridden a couple, back in the day, and always wanted to own one. A few years ago I inherited a complete basket case from an old friend of mine who died unexpectedly and am currently doing a complete resto on it. It was mostly complete, but literally came in Clamato cans, so obviously some stuff is missing. My question is (and this may seem stupid), is there no grommet that goes in the back of the headlight where the wiring harness enters? If there is, where do I get one? I'm familiar with all the North American suppliers and have perused any exploded diagrams that I can find and have come up blank. It just seems odd that Honda, of all manufacturers, wouldn't try to weatherproof this area. Any help?

Thanks, Rockhound.

Can't weatherproof a unit with that headlight/rim construction, it can leak water all the way around the rim. Grommet lower down would be a water trap rather than a shield.

Seen some bikes with grommet(s) but because the hole edges were not rolled to then cut into harness coming in, Honda rolls the edge with doublewall to stop that. The later DOHCs have none either. Instead the wiring inside is double insulated on the individual harnesses.

Parts in Clamato cans, now there's some imagery..................

Back