• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Fork Swap & Swing Arm Swap

wesgreen305

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Fork: So I've seen a bunch of fork swaps and things and the gsxr seems to be prefered for this I there a specific reason for that? I'm assuming its got good suspension.
Also, I was wondering what goes into a fork swap? What kind of things need to be changed or replaced? Like what come in the fork swap kit that makes them possible?
Is there other forks that are good for or are easier or better? Any info is helpful.

Swingarm I would also like to convert to a monoshock swing arm and have not seen that quite as much. I think the side shocks look bulky and I am not a fan so that's why I want to change it. Would it be easiest to convert my swingarm or is there swingarms from other bikes that fit maybe with a little modification? Is this even common or possible at all? Are there kits or companies that will do this?

I'm currently in the same boat man. I'm about to attempt fabricating mounts to have my stock swing arm accept a CB600 (599 Hornet) monoshock. I just think the trick is going to be making sure the geometry and loads are very similar. I should be getting to this in the next two weeks so I'll post as I do more.

If you have the money... http://www.kineticmotorcycles.com/monoshock-conversion/cb500-monoshock-kit-coming-soon

And hopefully you have access to machining equipment. Not much outside of the Honda CB realm will bolt up perfectly.

Luck boys, you are stepping into a world where 5 out of 100 do well, you have appointed yourselves as design engineers. Hope you got the background to support it. Not saying it can't be done at all but it separates the wannabes from the guys who do it successfully VERY quickly.

How I get free bike parts, pick them up from disillusioned modded project owners...............not saying you can't do it at all and luck of course, but look hard at it..............like said math will fit in there bigtime to get a great outcome. Male testosterone does too and not in a good way mostly. Think about it. Then break out the hacksaw..............

Back