• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Fork Swap & Swing Arm Swap

wesgreen305

CB750 Member
Reaction score
So I've seen a bunch of fork swaps and things and the gsxr seems to be prefered for this I there a specific reason for that? I'm assuming its got good suspension.
Also, I was wondering what goes into a fork swap? What kind of things need to be changed or replaced? Like what come in the fork swap kit that makes them possible?

GSXR frontend

I think Lasso Engineering from Cali?? or may Moto?? Gas Garage?? Someone makes a triple tree to mate the GSXR forks to the SOHC Honda frame. I'm using a Honda 1983 VF 700 39mm with Race-tech internals of course it's not as trick as the Gixxer front. Works very well. Easy install change the location of the fork stops. I have the VF swingarm may install it down the road. If I do it again I'll go with an older early 80's Honda GL 1000 etc front due to the wheel choices. Good luck

So then is it just the triple tree that's different in the swap. Like the center stem to go into the cb750 frame and then the other parts of the triple tree need to be comparable with whatever forks your using? Or is it much more complicated than that?

It's a very easy swap! I wouldn't try to mix & match buy the complete front end. It'll be cheaper & easier. You'll have to have 2 new fork stops welded on your frame I cut them off the old VF frame You'll need the tubes, triple clamps it comes with an awesome fender. The VF front came with a square headlite I didn't use it. I bought a set 39mm headlite brackets from Motolana high quality parts! I have not done a GSXR swap but I know wouldn't be as easy for me! The welding was the hardest part. Oh I also bought the rear wheel 17in rear 16 front! I run disc brake on the rear of my 78SS again very easy install wheeler44t@yahoo.com This Guy (Tom rocks) well of info lots & lots of parts! it would be wise to contact him on anything motorcycle plus he's just a super guy!! Good luck LMK if I can help! I must say after you talk to Tom you'll see he knows more than most and especially me

Last edited:
BTW I have quite a few parts I also have 3 SOHC Hondas so I try to be careful with selling off stuff but LMK what you need.

Back