• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Rear rubs need longer shocks!

80cafe750

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I replaced my stock seat with a much smaller one and welded on a new seat hoop. Now the rear tire rubs and I have the stock shocks maxed out with stiffness anybody know of any shocks thay will fix this I'm thinking I need a 15 or 16 inch shock!

Big mistake, you'll have the swing arm so jacked out of level you'll have hell with chain slacking and adjustments. May even have chain cutting swing arm in half LOL. Fix whatever it was you did to create the issue, or hardtail it. In normal rear wheel travel the arm should travel both above and below dead level about equal amounts, it lowers chain issues greatly. Your seat hoop or whatever you got there limiting travel needs to be higher.

Big mistake. Your seat hoop needs to be higher.

+1

I'm guessing you used a straight hoop? To maintain stock clearance (and stock shocks), the rear of the hoop (and the seat too) should kick up (or be "upswept") to provide the same clearance as the inside of the stock fender at that point. Pictures go a long way to help us understand your situation.

Back