• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

What is this tube next to battery?

George1285

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Im trying to identify the purpose of a clear tube full of brown gunk that is tied to the black negative battery cable. Thanks

Do not know year of bike but is probably battery overflow if it is 1/8" tube or engine breather if it is larger follow it back to the valve cover.

Disregard what I said about the valve cover thats only on the SOHC,s If I can remember there are two breather hoses on the top of the back of the engine with a tee connecting the two with a third going to a separator can by the battery someone correct Me if I,m wrong that would explain the gunky residue inside the hose.

So I was able to get a better look and basically there is what appears to be a black box attached to the bottom of the battery housing. From this box on one side the tub comes out and is capped off. On the other side the tube exits the box and goes into the airbox.

Disregard what I said about the valve cover thats only on the SOHC,s If I can remember there are two breather hoses on the top of the back of the engine with a tee connecting the two with a third going to a separator can by the battery someone correct Me if I,m wrong that would explain the gunky residue inside the hose.

Gunk trap for the emissions hose. You empty the plastic can from time to time or simply remove it permanently.

Back