• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Stator issues....

Achilles_333

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Well, this is my first post. I've lurked on the site without registering for a little bit .

I have been having charging problems , so I have decided to investigate the stator. Unrelated note, the previous owner striped the screws to the cases so I have spent 4 hours removing them manually with a vice grip for most and a hammer and a flathead for a few, so I am frustrated nonetheless. :cussing: :banghead: Anyway, I finally got the cases off and attempted to remove the 3 yellow wires from the stator and they are stuck. It seems they got hot and melted in there, but that is just my guess. Should they be easy to disconnect? If so, I guess I found my problem and will probably need a new alternator wire harness. I've put a relatively good amount of force and used some pliers to do disconnect them, but the will not budge and I don't want to pull too hard to ruin the harness. Are there any suggestions on how to disconnect these? I would really like to get these off , so I can test the stator before making a big purchase buying another. Thanks for reading. I look forward to your replies

Last edited:
Back