• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Setting a Pulse Generator: 1981 CB750F

mpdsajems

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
As the title says, i need some help setting the pulse generator. i havent been able to find a manual for this model that explains how exactly to set this thing. from what i have seen there should be adjustment markers but mine doesnt seem to have anything that they are supposed to be lined up with. any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Airgap at .016" and set timing with a timing light, window in there to see the marks whizzing by, you use the 'F' mark for timing.

Airgap at .016" and set timing with a timing light, window in there to see the marks whizzing by, you use the 'F' mark for timing.

So it is ok to run the bike with that side cover off? i wasnt sure because i could see the gears and everything it wasnt like other models where the timing unit was in its own case

Bike on centerstand and don't rev it more than necessary as you'll get a face full of oil. The shop used a spare cover with a small hole cut in it for viewport to avoid losing so much oil. I used to lean mine against a convenient tree to the right to fling less oil. 1 and 4 set with one set of marks and 2 and 3 with the other set on opposite side of the advance mechanism. Number 1 is on the left as sitting on bike. May only need to slightly turn plate rather than move them individually, so check both before doing anything.

Did it a few times with a timing light, bike on center stand? "pionts" cover off - didn't get any oil splashes, even when revved a little to check advance operation.

Back