• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Squeaking sound on cornering

rs_ss350

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys,

New here, just got a 79 cb750k. Was going joyfully down the local twisty roads for the first time and there's noticable squeaking coming from the bike when cornering/leaning. This bike only has 14k miles on it, and looks like garage kept, but I imagine there might be some areas that can use some lubrication. What should I be looking for in terms of what's sqeaking and whether or not I need to start lubricating suspension.

Thanks!

IMG_0015.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome, Really nice limited you have there. Check the front and rear wheel bearings and the swingarm bushings, also the steering stem bearings. Give everything a good cleaning and regrease. With only 14K it obviously sat for quite some time. A little maintenance will go a long way for trouble free riding.

See if the swingarm pivot has a grease zerk on the bottom, most of them do. '79 model used bushings there, the later ones went to needle bearing pivot there.

Back