• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1972 CB750 installing new wiring harness

Quatervois

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 1972 CB750 that I'm in the process of restoring (I'm not going for an "historically accurate" restoration), and I want to put all new wiring on the bike. My question to the forum is, if you were to replace the wiring harness, would you go with a new OEM harness, or a Motogadget m-unit set up?

Also, are there any Pros and cons of either?

Thanks in advance.

Again, My question to the forum is, if you were to replace the wiring harness, would you go with a new, aftermarket, reproduction harness, or a Motogadget m-unit set up?*

Also, are there any Pros and cons of either?

Thanks in advance.

The motogadget looks to Me as a computerized distribution panel as the ones I used to work with at work such as the allen bradley plc-3 I/O boards in which You still have to hardwire Your existing harness to. Looks as if Your combining 40 year old technology with todays advancements, Just My opinion but I would upgrade the ignition, charging, system and go with a plug and play good aftermarket wiring harness . Good luck on either way You go.

There are plenty of good wiring schematics out there for the 750's. I wired up 2 of mine for around $60 worth of wire and connectors. Hav'nt had an issue yet, I soldered all my connections that don't need to be removable and on those I used good waterproof bullet style connectors and plenty of dielectric grease. Just retain your engine to charge system connectors it make things easier to just plug in to.

X2, bike systems are so simple I make my own as well. There's really nothing there as compared to say a PCM controlled car, and those not that hard either. Just more wire, a LOT more.

Back