• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

voltage gauge gets destroyed

hikertrash750

CB750 Member
Reaction score
81cb750c

All brand new charging system end to end.
Charging system works fine. All components test perfect. Voltage output is perfect and show no issues.

All ground connections, positive connections, connectors, components, switches (turn/ignition/horn - all of them) and every contact has been pulled apart, sanded clean and lightly electric greased. Then volt meter tested once back together.

Issue is my voltage gauge I installed. It is rated 0-18 volts. Feeds off battery positive terminal through a relay that feeds off the parking light wire for the relays power.
This is the 2nd one that has been destroyed. The first one I thought was just bad and the parts store replaced it.

Seems to be fine until around 6,000 rpm and above. Then the gauge needle bounces like it is trying to do a back flip and stops working.
Until 6,000 rpm the needle is balance and works fine.

Maybe this model of voltage meter is a bad one but $40.00 should work for a bike that is not race or stressed.

Thoughts?

Back